Things on the horizon, both near and far.

1. I will be at Bouchercon in just over a week doing a panel about unusual characters on Thursday, October 4th at 12:15 PM, along with Thomas Perry, Kelly Cochran, Karen Olson, Alice Loweecey,¬†and Tammy Kaehler, moderated by Helen Knode. If you’re going to be there, come say hi!

2. My entry in the Dead Man series, The Black Death, is out October 30th via 47 North. If you’re interested, you can check out my take on Mat Cahill’s continued adventures and battle with evil.

3. Rough Men is coming out on January 22nd, via Thomas and Mercer, and I have advance copies! First two people to respond to this post, or hit me up via email, are welcome to have one.

4. The ink is dry-barely-on my follow up to Rough Men, and it’s called The Fort. It should be out next summer, and as excited as I am about Rough Men, The Fort is probably the best thing I’ve ever written. Time will tell, I suppose.

5. I’m writing again, we’ll see what happens…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Things on the horizon, both near and far.

1. Andrew says:

Hi Aric!

Digging your news:

1. Any chance this will be taped? I would love to hear it!
    3-4. Thumbs up, man! I can’t wait to read them all!
    5. Good things, I’m sure of it.

I also stopped by your author page and see that ‘Nickel Plated’ has been published in a German translation. Fantastic! Smooth sailing and safe travels, dude!

• admin says:

1. I would assume that it will not be recorded, but if it is, I will do my best to secure a copy.
      3-4. I’m really excited to hear what you think of them. Are you writing, Mr. Conlon?
      5. Hopefully. It’s so hard to tell at this stage.

Yep, NP is out in German, and A Good and Useful Hurt is pegged for later this year!

2. Andrew says:

1. Yeah, I know it is a long shot with conference panels – not usually taped – I wish I could make it down there! I looked up the conference and see that Mary Higgins Clark is getting this years lifetime achievement award. Is she going to be there??? Will you get to meet her? If you do, hug her! :) I love that woman.

3-4. I can’t wait to read them! I wish I had your volume of output. Yes, I am slooowly writing (I just now remembered that there is a turtle on my family heraldry, maybe genetics), I’ve been working on a MS since May – probably will finish by Spring and start submitting and save up my rejection letters to use when the crapper paper gets low. When the book writing isn’t flowing, I write serial fiction for my blog. My brain is a gypsy.

5. Dunk it, bro! You got this!

• admin says:

1. Pretty sure she’s supposed to be there. If I meet her I’ll tell her my cousin says hello, it will be awesome. Of the people who are supposed to be there, I’m most excited to try to meet Gillian Flynn. Not only is she a great writer, I owe that woman a cocktail, big time.

3-4. I can’t wait for you to read them either. I’m getting some serious review anxiety about Rough Men as it gets closer to pub date. I think I just need a couple strangers to say, “It doesn’t suck and we don’t hate you,” and I’ll be fine.

5. Trying to dunk it right now. Why is that the only time I’m not obsessed with a project is when I’m actually writing?!

3. Andrew says:

1-4. Right on, man. :) I will have to check out Gillian Flynn’s work! As for ‘Rough Men’, from the sounds of it at http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Men-ebook/dp/B008BU75O0 – it is going to be awesome! The title is perfect.

5. I know the feeling! The obsession is what drives a person write in the first place; probably the actual work balances the crazy urge to see a story idea on paper. Not everything is lightning, but all of it’s worth seeing.

4. wournert says:

you love this? chanel online shop SKkmZAKY [URL= – chanel handbags shop online[/URL – and get big save SKUTUPen