A Good and Useful Hurt is out!

On Kindle, paperback, and audio! Of course I’m super excited, and I cannot wait to hear what you guys think!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A Good and Useful Hurt is out!

1. Nina says:

I’m reading your book right now and it’s sooooooo good! It’s 2am and I have to sleep, but if I didn’t have somewhere to be in the morning, I would have read it in one sitting. I’m so excited to finish it and tell everyone I know to read it.

2. Belladonna420 says:

I just finished “A Good and Useful Hurt” and I absolutely loved it! I gave it 5 stars and left a review on Goodreads.com, which is the largest community of book lovers online.

Because you are a published author, you already have a profile on Goodreads:

If you join Goodreads, you can claim this author profile and make it your own!

Here are some of the ways you can use Goodreads:
    – Connect with your readers and build a following of fans
    – Participate in an online Q&A session with your readers
    – Blog about anything and everything
    – Publicize upcoming events, such as book signings and speaking engagements
    – Share excerpts of any upcoming publications
    – Post videos about your books or anything you choose
    – And, of course, share your list of favorite books and recent reads with your fans!

To become a Goodreads Author, follow this link:

• admin says:

Hi Belladonna,

I saw your review on Amazon this morning, thanks a ton! It was very nice of you to say such wonderful things about my work. I will look into this Goodreads author stuff, thanks for the link!

3. viv says:

Hello, Just wanted to drop you a line to say how much I enjoyed A Good and Useful Hurt. I didn’t know anything about piercing and tattoing and I found it really fascinating. The story line was really original and I couldn’t put the book down. I found the inclusion of the ashes in the tattoo really moving. Thank you so much for a really good read. Viv

• admin says:

Thank you! I’m so glad that you enjoyed it, that makes me very happy. Thanks for the kind words, and for stopping by!

4. Sven Hensel says:

Dear Aric,

I just finished reading your novel (“A Good & Useful Hurt“) and I’m really moved. I can’t tell if it’s the beautiful way how your epilogue ends or to see what happened with the characters you made me love. What I do know, though, is that your book triggered so many things inside of me like the idea to get such an ink tattoo myself if some day something bad happens to people I love – god forbid- or that I also will have to live two lives like Doc cause I’m also becoming a teacher (studying in Germany at the moment). Here tattoos have to be hidden and although I don’t have any yet, this dilemma always pops up in my head whenever I think about getting a tattoo – which is every two weeks. Speaking of getting a tattoo, a sentence that probably will always be in my head is the one that “Debs […] deserve better than Phils”. I feel exactly the same way and it’s so tragic, esp. considering the horrible and deeply sad spree killings in the last couple of weeks. I even agree that much with you that I would like to add this shortened quote from your book to my tattoo-list if that is okay with you?

Anyways I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your book and it made me smile, laugh, shiver, tensed and also sad. You are really talented and I can’t wait to read more novels that put tattoos into their focus, but until then I will probably start reading “Nickel Plated”, which I ordered 100 pages ago ;).

I hope this comment makes you happy, at least for a short bit, and isn’t it a great feeling to be read in Germany :)?

Have a great day and moreover: may creativity always be there when you need it :)

• admin says:

Hi Sven,

Thanks for all of the kind words, it’s always a joy to hear that someone enjoyed my work, especially from an overseas reader! It is totally fine with me if someone were to get a tattoo quoting my work, or inspired by it, and it would be hard to imagine a bigger compliment. All I would ask is that if you-or any other reader-goes through with it, shoot me a picture so I can feature it on the blog.

As for Nickel, I hope you enjoy it. You mentioned school in Germany, and amazingly, NP was recently translated and launches there August 30th. Obviously you already have a copy of the English one, but I’m so excited that I’ll be able to connect with even more readers in Germany.

Thanks again for stopping by!

5. CJ McDonald says:

Dear Aric,

I am quite a bookworm, but I have never written to an author before today. I have just finished reading “A Good and Useful Hurt” and I find myself… at a loss. I loved the clarity and focus of your writing style, and the way you made me care about your characters in the first chapter. I purchased your book simply because I love tattoos and the title and subject matter spoke to me. You managed to convey in a few short words my entire tattoo experience; the specific way it can be a cathartic experience and sharpen a moment to a razor’s edge. I found the story to be equally compelling and heart-wrenching. Thank you for writing something so different, and I hope that you continue to be inspired and successful.

• admin says:

Hi CJ,

Thanks so much for stopping by, and of course, for the really kind words. I’m really happy that you enjoyed AGaUH, and I truly appreciate you sharing the experience of reading it!

6. Aric, your writing, character development and story line for A Good and Useful Hurt were so rich with feeling. I couldn’t put it down and am insisting my husband read it too.

Thank you for such a deeply moving and beautifully written book.

Debbie W.

7. zithhary says:

view gucci outlet online YIhJJZAT [URL=http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/ – gucci shop online[/URL – to get new coupon CEcUhxrj http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/

8. zithhary says:

view replica gucci handbags YxbdukLy [URL=http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/ – replica gucci[/URL – and get big save vxOZnyTA http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/

9. zithhary says:

you will like gucci online store RMNDVUjL [URL=http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/ – gucci handbags outlet[/URL – to get new coupon UGzxGEOS http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/