A Good and Useful Hurt is out!

On Kindle, paperback, and audio! Of course I’m super excited, and I cannot wait to hear what you guys think!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to A Good and Useful Hurt is out!

1. Nina says:

I’m reading your book right now and it’s sooooooo good! It’s 2am and I have to sleep, but if I didn’t have somewhere to be in the morning, I would have read it in one sitting. I’m so excited to finish it and tell everyone I know to read it.

2. Belladonna420 says:

I just finished “A Good and Useful Hurt” and I absolutely loved it! I gave it 5 stars and left a review on Goodreads.com, which is the largest community of book lovers online.

Because you are a published author, you already have a profile on Goodreads:

If you join Goodreads, you can claim this author profile and make it your own!

Here are some of the ways you can use Goodreads:
    - Connect with your readers and build a following of fans
    - Participate in an online Q&A session with your readers
    - Blog about anything and everything
    - Publicize upcoming events, such as book signings and speaking engagements
    - Share excerpts of any upcoming publications
    - Post videos about your books or anything you choose
    - And, of course, share your list of favorite books and recent reads with your fans!

To become a Goodreads Author, follow this link:

Sincerely,
    Belladonna420

• admin says:

Hi Belladonna,

I saw your review on Amazon this morning, thanks a ton! It was very nice of you to say such wonderful things about my work. I will look into this Goodreads author stuff, thanks for the link!

Aric

3. viv says:

Hello, Just wanted to drop you a line to say how much I enjoyed A Good and Useful Hurt. I didn’t know anything about piercing and tattoing and I found it really fascinating. The story line was really original and I couldn’t put the book down. I found the inclusion of the ashes in the tattoo really moving. Thank you so much for a really good read. Viv

• admin says:

Thank you! I’m so glad that you enjoyed it, that makes me very happy. Thanks for the kind words, and for stopping by!

4. Sven Hensel says:

Dear Aric,

I just finished reading your novel (“A Good & Useful Hurt“) and I’m really moved. I can’t tell if it’s the beautiful way how your epilogue ends or to see what happened with the characters you made me love. What I do know, though, is that your book triggered so many things inside of me like the idea to get such an ink tattoo myself if some day something bad happens to people I love – god forbid- or that I also will have to live two lives like Doc cause I’m also becoming a teacher (studying in Germany at the moment). Here tattoos have to be hidden and although I don’t have any yet, this dilemma always pops up in my head whenever I think about getting a tattoo – which is every two weeks. Speaking of getting a tattoo, a sentence that probably will always be in my head is the one that “Debs […] deserve better than Phils”. I feel exactly the same way and it’s so tragic, esp. considering the horrible and deeply sad spree killings in the last couple of weeks. I even agree that much with you that I would like to add this shortened quote from your book to my tattoo-list if that is okay with you?

Anyways I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your book and it made me smile, laugh, shiver, tensed and also sad. You are really talented and I can’t wait to read more novels that put tattoos into their focus, but until then I will probably start reading “Nickel Plated”, which I ordered 100 pages ago ;) .

I hope this comment makes you happy, at least for a short bit, and isn’t it a great feeling to be read in Germany :) ?

Have a great day and moreover: may creativity always be there when you need it :)

Sven

• admin says:

Hi Sven,

Thanks for all of the kind words, it’s always a joy to hear that someone enjoyed my work, especially from an overseas reader! It is totally fine with me if someone were to get a tattoo quoting my work, or inspired by it, and it would be hard to imagine a bigger compliment. All I would ask is that if you-or any other reader-goes through with it, shoot me a picture so I can feature it on the blog.

As for Nickel, I hope you enjoy it. You mentioned school in Germany, and amazingly, NP was recently translated and launches there August 30th. Obviously you already have a copy of the English one, but I’m so excited that I’ll be able to connect with even more readers in Germany.

Thanks again for stopping by!
      Aric

5. CJ McDonald says:

Dear Aric,

I am quite a bookworm, but I have never written to an author before today. I have just finished reading “A Good and Useful Hurt” and I find myself… at a loss. I loved the clarity and focus of your writing style, and the way you made me care about your characters in the first chapter. I purchased your book simply because I love tattoos and the title and subject matter spoke to me. You managed to convey in a few short words my entire tattoo experience; the specific way it can be a cathartic experience and sharpen a moment to a razor’s edge. I found the story to be equally compelling and heart-wrenching. Thank you for writing something so different, and I hope that you continue to be inspired and successful.

Regards,

CJ

• admin says:

Hi CJ,

Thanks so much for stopping by, and of course, for the really kind words. I’m really happy that you enjoyed AGaUH, and I truly appreciate you sharing the experience of reading it!

Aric

6. Aric, your writing, character development and story line for A Good and Useful Hurt were so rich with feeling. I couldn’t put it down and am insisting my husband read it too.

Thank you for such a deeply moving and beautifully written book.

Debbie W.

7. zithhary says:

view gucci outlet online YIhJJZAT [URL=http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/ – gucci shop online[/URL – to get new coupon CEcUhxrj http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/

8. zithhary says:

view replica gucci handbags YxbdukLy [URL=http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/ – replica gucci[/URL – and get big save vxOZnyTA http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/

9. zithhary says:

you will like gucci online store RMNDVUjL [URL=http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/ – gucci handbags outlet[/URL – to get new coupon UGzxGEOS http://www.gucci–online-shop.com/